In no particular order...
- Vote (Election Day is November 8th)
- Set your clocks back an hour on November 6th if your area does this (some places like Arizona no longer observes daylight savings time)
- Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors, change your furnace filters, and make sure your fire extinguishers are fully charged too.
- Buy your holiday meal items soon. With continually rising prices, shortages, and potential supply chain disruptions, last minute shoppers may not find their favorite holiday food items.
- Start holiday gift shopping this month so you don't, again, run out of gift options if you wait until the last minute.
- Participate in a Veteran's Day event on November 11. There are still some (a dwindling few?) patriotic things Americans can do and supporting our veterans is one of those things.
- Here are some end-of-the-year financial tasks you can start working on.
- Of course there are always seasonal tasks that need to be done like these things for your home and these things for your vehicle.
- And if you live in a place where winter storms are a concern, check out these prep tips.
- Stash cash safely and securely in your home. If AMTs go down, you need to quickly evacuate, or an other type of disaster happens, it is always a good idea to have enough cash on hand to see you through for a while.
Post a Comment