There are several things you can do today to ensure you are adequately prepared for the rest of the year...
- For most of the US, you should have set your clocks back an hour early this morning, signalling an end to daylight savings time.
- Today is also a good day to change out your furnace filters and make an appointment to have your furnace maintained if needed.
- If your chimney hasn't been cleaned recently, get this done before you use your fireplace or wood stove for winter heating.
- And don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke detectors today too.
- Check your fire extinguishers to ensure they are still fully charged.
- You may also want to complete these financial tasks prior to the end of the year.
- Make sure your BOB is ready for winter (dump it out, check all batteries and devices, replace food, make sure your clothing is adequate for winter weather, etc).
- Consider growing a winter vegetable garden.
- Register to vote if you haven't done so already (the 2022 mid-terms should be rather interesting).
- Get your home ready for winter (the last thing you need is burst pipes or a dead furnace in the middle of winter).
- Prepare for power outages, water disruptions, and plan for alternate ways to heat your home in an emergency (remember the Texas storm last winter? Don't let this happen to you).
- As usual, continue to rotate and stockpile food (it certainly isn't getting any cheaper or more plentiful these days).
Post a Comment