Hopefully tomorrow's presidential inauguration goes peacefully but with everything that has happened over the past weeks--and years for that matter--it's anyone's guess how things will turn out tomorrow.
Some preps to consider...
- Top off your vehicle's gas tank
- Download all of your financial documents from your financial institutions
- Download movies and books you would want to have available should the power/internet shut down
- Back up all of you computer files
- Have cash on hand in case ATMs go down
- Consider staying home tomorrow until you see how things shake out
- If you must be out and about, take adequate precautions
- Know your rights
- Top off your food and supplies if needed (particularly produce and other perishables)
- Be aware of what is happening via the media/social media but don't take everything you learn from these sources as gospel (there will probably be a lot of misinformation spread around this event)
- Review your bug out bag and ensure it is ready to go if necessary
- Be prepared to defend yourself if trouble comes to you (obviously don't go looking for trouble)
- Make any last-minute preps for those in your care (babies and children, the elderly, the ill or infirm, pets, etc)
- Make a plan if family members will be in different places tomorrow (communications, evacuation, etc)
- Make a quick review of your home security systems (cameras, putting valuables away in a hidden safe, etc)
- Go grey man--don't dress flashy, don't stand out in the crowd, don't partake in seditious or violent activities, don't argue with people over politics or other high-tension topics (you won't change their mind and it is a waste of your energy to do so), etc.