- Set your clocks forward an hour before you go to bed on Saturday night.
- Change the batteries in your smoke detectors/CO detectors.
- Change the air filters in your home's HVAC system.
- Dump out your BOB and review/update items as needed.
- Get your vehicle ready for spring (do routine maintenance, change out snow tires if they are no longer needed, review and update your car BOB and car emergency kit, etc).
- Spring clean your home.
- Review your preps in light of the possibility that you may need to bug in (quarantine yourself at home) for a month. What additional food and supplies do you need, what about work/school, can you do your banking/pay all of your bills online, do you have enough stuff to keep the family entertained for a long-term period of not leaving the house, etc.
- Get your garden ready for spring.
- Take an entire day off from news/social media. Bad news is pretty overwhelming these days, one day off from the news will give you a nice break.
- Cook all of your meals at home this weekend (it is good practice for those who don't often cook, healthier than eating out, and will also save a bit of money over eating out).
Friday, March 6, 2020
Spring Forward--10 Things to Do This Weekend
For most places in the US, this weekend is the beginning of daylight savings time. Here are ten things to do this weekend...