- Check out Battlefield Vegas and learn how to handle a variety of weapons. There are actually numerous businesses in Vegas that specialize in shooting experiences, Battlefield Vegas is just one example.
- For advanced tactical training, you can head over to Front Sight in Pahrump.
- Learning how to hike in the desert is always a good skill to have. There are several groups in Vegas that hike together regularly and most invite visitors to come along as well (examples here, here, here, and here).
- And as long as you are in Vegas, there is no need to skip your daily run. There are always a variety of running events (both road and trail) happening here.
- The apocalypse has happened and you need to rebuild (or tear down what's left and start over). Don't know how to work heavy equipment like a back hoe or excavator? Learn the basics at Dig This.
- On the other hand, you may need to steal a high-end car and race away from a situation a la James Bond. Learn how to drive a race car at Dream Racing (or similar business) in Las Vegas.
- If you want to learn actual counter-terrorism skills, there's a place for that too in Las Vegas. Check out CRI Counter Terrorism Training School.
- Oddly enough, in the middle of the desert, there is a huge orchard and farm that provides u-pick experiences for anyone who comes by. It's always a good idea to learn gardening skills where ever you can.
- Do you know how to handle a speed boat, jet ski, or kayak? After a simple "training" video you can rent a variety of watercraft to practice with on at Lake Mead.
- Want to tackle your fear of heights? The Strat offers a bunch of thrill rides, at the TOP of it's 1150 foot tower, that will either cure your of your fear of heights...or reinforce them.
Monday, October 14, 2019
10 Vegas Experiences for the Prepper
Since I live in Las Vegas, I know there are plenty of entertainment options for locals as well as tourists here. It recently dawned on me, however, that there are plenty of Vegas experiences that would be useful for the prepper to partake in, whether you live here or are looking for an out-of-the-ordinary tourist experience...