What should you do if you suspect someone may be planning a mass shooting or other criminal activity or if you see a crime happening?
- Call 911 for immediately assistance when there is an immediate threat to life or property.
- Call 311 for non-emergencies; if you suspect ongoing criminal activity may be happening in your neighborhood, or for other non-emergent issues.
- You can submit tips about criminal activity through your local CrimeStoppers website or phone number.
- Many larger school districts have websites where you can report school-related criminal activities.
- Check your local police department's website for information on reporting suspicious activity.
- For federal crimes, you can report a tip through the FBI's website.
- For suspicious financial activities, you can report tips via the IRS.
- Other types of financial crimes can be reported via the SEC's Whistleblower's website.
- For postal-related crimes, you can report tips via the OIG hotline.
- For military-related crimes, you can report tips via these on-base offices.
- The US DOJ also has several places where you can report a variety of crimes.
- And here are several other crime-related tip resources.
Post a Comment