- It's March Madness time (a good thing, not an actual madness thing).
- If you live in Tennessee and have teens, check out their free college program.
- Pick out an upcoming race or fun run to train for (or just go and be a spectator).
- It's kitten season. I didn't even know there was such a thing until recently but spring is when shelters become overwhelmed with kittens so if you need a new pet, consider adopting a kitten from your local shelter.
- Consider doing some sort of safety project for your community. Public Access AEDs, Life Jacket Loaner Boards, bike helmets for kids, car seats for infants--either on your own or with a community safety group, by putting together such projects it helps your entire community become a safer place to live.
- Learn a skill. Putting your mind on learning a new skill means you won't have time to focus so much attention on the news. YouTube is an excellent place to learn leather working, orienteering, sewing, chess, etc.
- Do random acts of kindness when you have the opportunity.
- Participate in the #TrashTag challenge.
- Take a nap!
- Exercise multiple times throughout the day with body weight exercises.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Monday, March 18, 2019
10 Things to Do That Aren't Disaster-Related
Disaster news has been pretty overwhelming lately--the mass shooting in New Zealand, the knee-jerk reaction to said shooting that will significantly ban weapons in New Zealand, massive flooding in Nebraska and Iowa...pretty depressing stuff when you hear about it 24/7 on the news. Sometimes you just need to tune out the insanity and focus your attention on other things to give your mind a much-needed rest. Some suggestions...
Posted by Code Name Insight at 4:37 PM
Labels: random musings
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment