- Don't drink and drive. A DUI will negatively impact your life for years to come so load up the Uber or Lyft app on your phone and use it if necessary.
- Don't spend more than you can afford. Some people--especially in Vegas--spend money hand over fist whether through gambling, drinking, partying, other game-related stuff when the money would probably be better used by adding to your emergency fund, especially if the government shuts down again in the next couple weeks.
- Be careful if you are in the frozen north (or northeast). -50 degree temps are nothing to mess with so take extra care with driving or any time you are outside.
- Be aware of people--Super Bowl Sunday is the worst day of the year for domestic violence, human trafficking is a huge deal on this weekend as well, watch the kiddos who can be overlooked when everyone is paying attention to the game, and ensure your guest's overall safety if you are hosting a party this weekend.
- Make sure the food you are serving is safe (prevent food poisoning), includes nutritious options along with regular fare, and is easy to eat (keeps the mess down and eliminates the hassle of multiple courses).
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
5 Tips for Super Bowl Weekend
This weekend is Super Bowl weekend which is a pretty big deal in my city. Needless to say, I will be comfortably seated at home watching the game instead of rubbing elbows with the hoards of gamblers and tourists who are even now streaming into the city for the big weekend. Here are some tips for Super Bowl weekend: