- Someone may end up a billionaire today (or a multi-billionaire if the lottery hits at the end of the week). I don't play the lottery and I think winning such a large amount would be more negative than positive, but someone will end up with a windfall soon. Cautionary tales here.
- This mom may have prevented a school shooting. If you see something, say something.
- Thousands of migrants are headed for the US. That looks like a coming invasion to me.
- The Khashoggi murder was the "worst cover up ever". I would think that honor goes to the 9/11 cover up, the Vegas mass shooting cover up, or any of these.
- Arizona cancels vaccination program after backlash from anti-vaxers. So social media-inspired stupidity now trumps science??? smh
- Early voting has started. Get out and vote!
- In climate change news, an entire island was wiped off the map. That doesn't bode well.
- It's a sad state of affairs when some of our longest-running merchants (Sears and KMart) fold up shop.
- I think former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker is spot on in this interview. "We're in a hell of a mess everywhere" kind of sums up things quite concisely.
- In more positive news, it's World Series time. Go Sox!
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
10 Headlines from Today
In no particular order...
Posted by Code Name Insight at 7:59 PM
Labels: news roundup
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment