- Parks passes (National Parks and state parks). Saves A LOT of money over the daily fee.
- Quality firearms (Sig, H & K, Glock, etc). Hold their value and with care will last for many, many years.
- Swiss Army Knife. I've carried it for decades and it still works like it was new.
- Quality daypack/backpack (Gregory, Osprey). They have lifetimes warranties and last for years.
- Super Feet. The best insoles I've ever had. Reasonably priced and makes walking/running long distances much easier.
- Cast iron skillet. My grandmother gave it to me when I was a teenager and it still works perfectly. I think she picked it up sometime in the 1930s so...longevity.
- Quality shoes (Brooks, Merrills, Keens). You will never see me in Nikes or other "popular" footwear. Well made, high quality shoes are worth the extra money for comfort and performance.
- Miyabi knives. If you cook a lot, a great set of knives is worth their weight in gold.
- Vitamix blender. Again, since I use this appliance nearly everyday, it is well worth the money to buy a high quality unit that won't need to be replaced, well, ever.
- Darn Tough socks. These are comfortable and wear like iron (probably why they have a lifetime warranty).
Thursday, August 23, 2018
10 "Best Buys"
Here's ten of the best things I've bought/acquired that are well worth the money...