- Be patient and leave early. Everyone else is trying to get somewhere too so all modes of transit (planes, roads, etc) will be very busy.
- Don't drink and drive. Really. Best case scenario, you get a $10k DUI, worst case scenario you kill someone.
- Be safe on the roads (Memorial Day weekend is one of the most dangerous weekends of the year for roadway accidents).
- For bonfires and barbecues...DO NOT try to start these sorts of fires with gasoline. Applicable YouTube video here.
- If you will be doing outdoor activities, focus on safety. Pool safety. Outdoor safety. Swimming safety. Boating safety.
- Don't forget to take care of your pets over the holiday.
- Finally, take into account weather alerts forecasted for this weekend.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
How to Prepare for Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day weekend is coming up this weekend and, at least in our area, it will probably be a zoo around here. It's estimated about 330,000 visitors will descend on the city so...I'll probably just stay home. If you decide not to stay home (or even if you do), here are some prep tips for the holiday:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 5:34 PM
Labels: holiday preps
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment