- A firearm and a concealed carry license. The way to stop someone with a gun is often with a gun. Of course it is a personal choice to carry or not. Here are some examples of civilians who have stopped mass shooters with their firearms.
- Tactical firearms training. Even if you have been carrying concealed for years, even if you are an expert hunter, tactical shooting is a whole other type of deal and you need to learn these sort of skills from a professional. And practice them.
- An escape route. Always look for as many escape routes as possible in any place you happen to be whether you are inside or outside.
- A place to hide. Again, always be assessing your options. If you couldn't escape your location, how/where could you hide?
- If you are hiding, know the difference between cover and concealment. Ideally a place that offers both would be optimal.
- Be physically fit. Could you run out of a building and the length of a football field if necessary? Could you hide under a desk without severe back spasms? Could you evacuate a room by jumping out of a window without injuring yourself? Be as physically fit as possible so that you can physically escape a mass shooting if necessary.
- Fighting skills. Any sort of fighting skills (karate, boxing, kobudo) will give you an edge if worse comes to worst and you end up physically fighting for your life.
- Actual, specialized, active shooter training. Learn the best way to deal with an active shooter situation from the experts.
- A trauma first aid course. Once you survive an active shooter situation, would you be able to render first aid effectively?
- As many active and passive physical security measures as you can cram into your house/office building/school.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Saturday, February 17, 2018
10 Things You Need In A Mass Shooter Situation
YMMV of course but here are some things to consider...
Posted by Code Name Insight at 7:19 PM
Labels: mass shooting
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment