- Each year, thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, die from the flu.
- This year's flu season is considered "moderately bad".
- Some experts are saying this could be the worst flu season ever.
- Although the 1918 flu pandemic was the most deadly outbreak in world history, we now have several ways (antibiotics, antivirals, ventilators, etc) to help treat an outbreak.
- Many hospitals are being forced to institute their patient surge and divert plans due to being overwhelmed with patients.
- Even the CDC cancelled their much-anticipated session on nuclear preparedness to instead discuss this year's flu outbreak.
- You can take a historical look back at past flu seasons on the CDC's website.
- And here are some ways to protect yourself from the flu.
- Although isolation and quarantine are actually the best ways to protect yourself from the flu.
- This is a pretty thorough "tool kit" to help organizations prepare for the flu.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
All About the Flu
Influenza is making it's annual outbreak trek around the world right now. Here's what to know about the flu:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 3:04 PM
Labels: influenza preparedness
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment