- Each year, thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, die from the flu.
- This year's flu season is considered "moderately bad".
- Some experts are saying this could be the worst flu season ever.
- Although the 1918 flu pandemic was the most deadly outbreak in world history, we now have several ways (antibiotics, antivirals, ventilators, etc) to help treat an outbreak.
- Many hospitals are being forced to institute their patient surge and divert plans due to being overwhelmed with patients.
- Even the CDC cancelled their much-anticipated session on nuclear preparedness to instead discuss this year's flu outbreak.
- You can take a historical look back at past flu seasons on the CDC's website.
- And here are some ways to protect yourself from the flu.
- Although isolation and quarantine are actually the best ways to protect yourself from the flu.
- This is a pretty thorough "tool kit" to help organizations prepare for the flu.
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
All About the Flu
Influenza is making it's annual outbreak trek around the world right now. Here's what to know about the flu: