- See if you are due any unclaimed money.
- Have a garage sale.
- Sell your body (parts).
- Sell stuff online that you no longer need.
- Get a seasonal, temporary, or part time job.
- Set up a side hustle business.
- Ask for a raise at your current job.
- Get a higher paying job.
- Use apps to make money.
- Cut your monthly spending.
Monday, January 15, 2018
10 Ways to Bulk Up Your Emergency Fund
As I've said before, the best way to survive many disasters is to have the money on hand to fix whatever problems come along with the disaster. Need to evacuate? You will need money for a hotel. Have to hole up in your house for a few weeks? You will need money to stockpile food, water, toiletries, and toilet paper. Need to leave the country in a hurry? Paying full fare for an airline ticket will be financially painful but if you have the money on hand, no problem. Here are 10 ways to bulk up your emergency fund and help you become more financially prepared for a disaster: