- Wear your seat belt. These people would probably still be alive if they did.
- When involved in a plane crash, leave your bags and GET OFF THE PLANE. Obviously you will want to always have your wallet, passport, and cell phone on you at all times.
- Use common sense when determining what activities you and your children participate in. A tiny 9 year old shouldn't shoot an Uzi, a tiny 10 year old shouldn't go on a 5G ride (physics 101 folks). I'm particularly wary of temporary ride set ups.
- Be aware of your surroundings when playing Pokemon Go. Obviously anyone can be a victim of a random attack but Pokemon Go players seem to be particularly targeted lately.
- And young women should reconsider jogging in remote places. Yes it sounds sexist but women alone in remote areas make a very easy target for criminals.
- If you live in the desert Southwest (or Kuwait or much of the Middle East) you know to take care when a haboob, or dust storm, is heading your way. Stay inside, don't drive, if you are driving pull way over, wear a mask, etc).
- Ditto flash flooding. But note (like in the case of the kid killed by an alligator at Disney World) people who go on vacation need to make themselves aware of the local hazards before they arrive at their destination.
- And don't leave your kids in the car (ever...whether it is hot outside or not).
- Of course during the summer, be aware of wildfire danger. Both near your home and near your vacation destination.
- Finally, always be aware of your surroundings. Even if you are carrying, that isn't a guarantee of safety.
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
10 Ways to Save Your Life (Taken From Recent News)
In no particular order...