- This year, there have been more than one mass shooting per day in the US.
- This is how the public can help during an active shooter situation.
- And yes, civilians can and do stop mass shooters on occasion.
- Usually the latest news on a situation like this can be found on reddit. Including a live feed and a comment feed.
- As usual, there is a lot of speculation about the situation.
- Which will eventually generate studies and reports on the topic (btw "take away the guns" is a sucky idea).
- And copious amounts of verbage on said topic (like this, this, and this).
- On a slightly related note, it was a record-breaking day for background checks on Black Friday (better to be armed than a sitting duck, I always say).
I'm sure there will be more info coming out about the shooting in the next few days. At this point there is no comment on the race of the shooters--to derail premature speculation no doubt--but one shooter who was killed was a woman (quite unusual). The initial cause is still being debated (workplace violence? terrorism? who knows) and the news is still going, since early this morning, pre-empting any other TV shows. The real story remains to be seen but for now, stay safe and stay aware out there.