- As soon as I heard where the shooting took place I was pretty surprised. I've been to Roseburg a few times. It's a very small town and a very small college. Mass shootings can happen ANYWHERE.
- Cue the anti-gunners and gun control folks. This happens every time there is a shooting yet people still fail to see that these shootings usually have a handful of commonalities that are never addressed, namely the shooting takes place at a designated "gun free" zone, the shooter usually has a history of mental illness (no info yet in this case), and "no one expected it to happen here."
- You know how social media is a great way to share useful information? Apparently the guy's plans were posted on 4Chan and he was given all kinds of info on how to get a higher kill rate. Lovely.
- And notice how even though he posted such a thing online, no one informed the authorities.
- And then notice how politicians hop on the bandwagon (never mind that there were 50 people shot in one weekend in Chicago and no one said a single thing about that).
So I toss up my hands. Yes, I am keeping my guns. No, I don't think more stringent gun control laws will make a difference (I mean the ones we have aren't really enforced now anyway). Yes, everyone who is legally able to should carry concealed (shooting back is the only way to stop a mass shooter).