And ten more things:
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Please don't drink and drive.
- Remember that this is one of the busiest seasons for thieves so keep your house locked up, nothing visible in your car, and keep and eye on your credit cards for charges you didn't make.
- Set some reasonable new year's resolutions (and a couple of unreasonable ones).
- Donate to those who are less fortunate.
- Keep exercising even though there are probably dozens of other things you could be doing at this busy time of the year.
- If you are gift giving this holiday season, give useful gifts (while the spouse may not agree, I think that guns and knives and Smartwool socks are perfectly reasonable gifts to give).
- Be safe! Burning candles, overloaded electrical outlet, turkey deep fryers, little kids visiting (lock up your firearms when they are around)...all can lead to disaster so think safety.
- Be kind. The holidays also tend to amp up the stress levels in people who can least afford to be amped up (depression, financial problems, marital problems, etc. all seem to come to the fore at this time of year).
- Enjoy the holidays--making good memories is much more important than what kind of gift gets given or received.
Stay tuned for more blog posts after the 1st.