- Get out of debt ASAP (and don't generate future debt. If you can't pay cash for something, you can't afford it).
- Have an emergency fund (start with $1000 and add to it consistently until you could live off of said emergency fund for at least a year).
- Live below your means (this makes both #1 and #2 easier).
- Be able to earn money (ie: have an education, job skills, self employment skills).
- Have passive income (this can range from investments to royalties to other ways that you make money "while you sleep").
- Have alternatives to cash money (such as a bit of gold, silver, and items that would have value during a collapse that you could sell).
- Protect your money (both physically such as in a safe and theoretically such as protecting it from swindlers and bad deals).
- Insure your money (keep life, health, auto, home, disability, and other necessary insurances to protect you financially from ruin).
- Use your money to buy/stockpile items which would be necessary during a disaster (non-perishable food, medical supplies, ammo, etc).
- Invest some of your money in yourself (in your education, in valuable job skills, in survival skills such as a first aid class, etc).
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Survival Skill #1 Money (Part 1 of 10)
With a handful of basic survival skills, you will be miles ahead of the pack when TSHTF. One of the most important survival skills you can have has to do with money. Here are ten ways to set yourself up financially for a disaster:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 11:18 AM
Labels: survival skills
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
6 Reasons to Eat Pemmican (+ DIY Video Guide)ReplyDelete
American frontiersman didn't have MREs, but they did have Pemmican.
Pemmican is a portable, long-lasting, high-energy food that was invented by Native Americans. It's made of lean, dried meat that's crushed into powder and mixed with hot, rendered fat. You can even add dried fruit for taste, and the best part is just a handful will sustain a full-grown man all day long - even while working. This makes it a great food to have in an emergency.
That's Why We're Giving You This DIY Video Guide Absolutely Free. (It Only Takes A Few Minutes)
Over 23 Million Patriots Have Already Seen It.
Giving you a quick, easy way to make your own life-saving pemmican, ready for when you need it.
Survival Things Our Great Grandfathers Did Or Built Around The House!Click Here To Discover More.
Some are even making pemmican every weekend! We've even received complaint letters, all because our followers' kids won't stop begging for it.
But unfortunately, we can't keep this free content up for long. Pretty soon we'll have to pull the plug...
And we're not giving this away to just anybody...
We're Giving It to our loyal readers.
So Check Out Your Free DIY Video Guide Today Before you miss out!
To always staying prepared,