- A Navy SEAL wrote a book about the Bin Laden operation. I'm all for freedom of the press, I'm appalled that a Navy SEAL would do such a thing.
- All of the innocent bystanders who were wounded in the Empire State Building shooting were hit by police. Obviously shooting into a crowded area--by anyone--can lead to such an outcome. Even worse is a crowded area with lots of hard surfaces for bullets to ricochet off of. On the other hand, I know many more civilians who practice at the range MUCH more often than the law enforcement officers I know. When lives depend on how well you can handle your firearm, you need to practice like your life depends on it because...it does.
- Boy was killed in a flash flood in Vegas. We had some pretty hairy weather these past couple of days. Added to heavy rain and full flood channels were kids playing in the flood channels (not necessarily this kid in the story but there was news video of other kids floating down the raging water on an air mattress like they were at a park). Note that high water+rushing water=death (usually).
- Tropical Storm Isaac will hit Florida soon. This is where all of your prepping pays off.
- Syria is still....well...Syria. Not much has changed recently but we should all still be aware of the situation.
- And an article on PTSD which more people should take note of.
Saturday, August 25, 2012
This Week in the News (With Commentary, Of Course)
It's been a busy week in the news: