- Because people shouldn't have to choose whether to be doused with radiation, let someone see you naked, or be sexually assaulted in order to travel from point A to point B.
- Because I am a fan of civil disobedience--it gets the point across quickly, publicly, and succinctly.
- Because although it will be inconvenient, it was also inconvenient to end segregation, give women the right to vote, fight against the British so we didn't end up living in the United States of England, and many other good causes.
- Because it will send a loud and clear message to our legislators that the public won't stand for such treatment.
- Because I am a fan of the Bill of Rights and this type of treatment infringes on Articles 4, 5 and 8.
- Because I am also a fan of Ben Franklin and firmly agree with his statement "Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither."
- Because I have yet to hear of a single person being identified as a terrorist through these extreme screening processes.
- Because Bruce Schneier knows what he is talking about. Re: here, here, and here.
- Because doing so en masse will make this a Thanksgiving to remember.
- Because I would rather take my chances with the terrorists than be subject to more and more extreme violations of my privacy, my body, and my freedoms.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
10 Reasons Flyers Should Choose to "Opt Out" Tomorrow
For those who haven't heard, tomorrow--November 24th, the day before Thanksgiving--has been chosen as National Opt Out Day which means that those who will be flying on the busiest travel day of the year will be encouraged to opt out of the backscatter xray screening process at US airports nationwide. While I am not flying tomorrow, if I was, I too would opt out of the new screening process, here's why:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 9:15 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Be thankful today, that the Synagogue of Satan that owns our country and the Whore of Babylon that administers their edicts have not already replaced the Constitution with "SHUT UP & DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD OR GET GAVELED!!!"ReplyDelete
...Though it is practically speaking, almost that way.