- Pay for internet service to your home (cable, DSL, dial up, etc).
- Connect through your cell phone company by using an air card or linking through your cell phone.
- Many libraries, malls, and coffee shops offer free wi-fi.
- If you live in an apartment building, you may be able to pick up your neighbor's unsecured wif-fi network.
- Offices, hotels, churches, schools, nearly every building/organization has internet service these days. Sometimes you can catch these wi-fi signals if they are unsecured. Sometimes, if you belong to the organization (ie: a student at the school, a hotel guest, a church member)you can get the key to log into the network. Sometimes you can guess the password to the system. Sometimes you can hack your way into the network.
- You can use your cell phone to access many parts of the internet.
- You can access the internet through your Wii or PSP.
- You can ask. In places that didn't have wi-fi I have been able to ask if I can use a cable connection to the internet from a computer that no one is using.
- Internet cafes allow you to access the internet from nearly anywhere in the world.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Accessing the Internet
For some people, being able to access the internet is a survival need. While it may be possible to actually live without the internet, these days, it is just as important for many as having a cell phone, an emergency fund, or a BOB. Here's a number of ways to access the internet: