- Instead of an ALICE pack, consider a more urban option for carting your gear around such as a messenger bag, or urban-styled backpack (Dakine, etc)
- Instead of camo clothing, consider urban appropriate clothing in generic colors (khaki, brown, black) from REI (west coast) or LL Bean (east coast)
- Instead of combat boots, consider, again, well made urban option such as Keen or Merrell shoes/boots.
- Instead of an AK or other similarly impressive firearm, consider something much more concealable (for close quarters urban needs, a good handgun will lend an element of surprise and be more easy to conceal).
- Instead of radios to communicate with your team, cell phones are a more urban alternative if the system is still up.
- Instead of canteens hanging on your belt, consider a more urban SIGG or Nalgene water bottle in your backpack.
- Instead of a bag of MREs, consider some urban options such as beef jerky, dried fruit, nuts, and other portable foods found in your local grocery store which has a long shelf life.
Anyway, you get the idea. Take a look at your BOB and compare it to the location you are most likely to use it. Does it match? Does it stand out like a huge target? Do you look "like everyone else" or do you look like you just stepped out of a military movie? Consider "un militarizing" your BOB so that you will be able to more easily blend into your environment.