Say you need to hide something, either to retrieve it later or to pass it off to someone else at a later time. Let's say the item is small such as money, a document, a key, or a thumb drive. With a ziploc bag and some duct tape, you can hide the item in the following locations (just remember where you hid it):
- Behind the wall switch plate or electrical outlet plate (take off the plate and stick it on the back side of the adjoining 2x4).
- Inside the case of your desktop computer or television.
- Under the carpet and pad (be sure to restretch the carpet back to the tack strips).
- Inside the exterior mainline drain clean out access port.
- Buried in a sealed plastic container in a non-obvious place in your yard (use GPS coordinates to remember exactly where it is).
- Remove the toilet, stick it up under the toilet in the crevice, replace the wax ring, and reinstall it.
- In the attic under the insulation.
- In the heavy seam of a blanket (re-sew the seam of course).
- In the hollow leg of of a modern desk (some are made with hollow steel tubes).
- Inside the closet perched above the sliding door rollers.
- Buried in the dirt of a potted plant (not under the plant pot but buried in the dirt, the larger the plant the better).
- The kids have a large gumball machine; when it is full of gumballs you cant tell what is hidden in the middle of it (keep the gumballs full).
- Underneath drawers (drawer under the over, freezer drawers, etc).
- In a bottle of shampoo, can of paint, etc. (you may want to use a plastic heat sealing device for absolute water-proofness).
- In between the slices of bread in a frozen loaf in the freezer or in the center of a frozen chicken.
- In a custom-made collar for your Rottweiler.
- Under your 150 gallon aquarium (before you fill it with water).
- In a decoration (we have those big bottles of decorative vegetables in water that do noting more but sit on the counter and be decorative).
- In an old hollowed out tree.
- In an old shoe.
Here's some more ideas...http://www.cockeyed.com/lessons/hiding/hiding2.shtml
Sealed container in your septic tankReplyDelete
In the wall when you remodel.ReplyDelete
Behind window trim, but sealed so weather/bugs can't get it.
Install with any semi-[ermanent fixture in the house. garage, business.
Duplicate item at your friend's house.
Disguise it in plain sight.
In a hollow spot under a loose floor tile beneath the upright piano.
Behind a brick/mantel in a fireplace.
Behind a book. in a book.
In some raggedy box or item no one wants to touch.
Under all the dust in the back of the refrigerator/freezer.
Seal item in Otter Box/Ziploc bag/ammo can/envelope/custom-made shape from duct tape.