- Keep up your preparedness routine. Since you are responsible for you and your family, being prepared with food, water, alternative power/heating/cooking, and all of the other things you need to take care of yourself for a period of time is of the utmost importance no matter who is president.
- Get out of debt, stay out of debt, and increase your savings, investments, and money making skills.
- Make your voice heard and hold your politicians accountable--they work for you.
- Make the family you want to live in, make the community you want to live in. Often when there are social problems in a group, people start pointing fingers and fixing blame (which doesn't change the situation). Be the leader in your home and community, set an example, and keep high standards; you may not be able to change the world but you can change your little corner of it.
- Hold tight to your rights. They are being eroded on nearly a daily basis because most people a) don't know what their rights are so they b) can't defend these rights.
- Chill out and relax. Overdosing on political news, like stressing over any topic, can give you high blood pressure and anxiety issues. Sometimes you need to just turn off the news and focus on some of the simple things in life--family, quality ice cream, helping others, etc.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
No matter where you stand in the political spectrum or how you feel about this evening's election results, the basic things that matter in your life, and the things you can do to improve your life, remain the same:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 10:19 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Where do I stand in the political spectrum.ReplyDelete
NO WHERE... I'm just not interested in politics but, politics is interested on ME. (or my 2nd ammendment rights...
Thats whats gives me some anxiety.
If I loose some rights and toys. What is the proper reaction???? I'm sure you have heard "that for every action is an opposite reaction."...
Well all some one can do is go buy enough supplies to last the terrible times that might be coming. You can not go against the current. but you can float.
I cant tell what anyone should get. I just leave it to your imagination and intuition. we all have some sort of abilities and inginuity to come up with solutions to problems.
I really hope that you as well as your silent audience come up with some ideas....anonymously, of course.
While I was at the sports store,peole was buying stuff, JUST IN CASE of a ban, You know ...collectable items.
One of your silent readers