- Financial resources (cash on hand, cash in the bank, liquid investments, other investments)
- Preparedness resources (BOBs, stored food and water, information sources, a communication plan, etc)
- Income production resources (job and/or side business, marketable skill, items to sell or barter)
- People resources (mentor, survival team, family, friends, politically well-placed friends, etc)
- Physical resources (transportation, home base, adequate store of basic supplies)
- Technological resources (computer, cell phone, HAM radio, etc)
- Knowledge resources (a good education, ability to conduct research, thorough reading list)
In the absence of any of the above, it is a good idea to know how to get these items on a moment's notice either through your own activities or through your connections.