Want to expand your social circle, give back to your community, and learn a few things in the process? Join a club! Here are some to consider...
- HAM radio club. These clubs will teach you about HAM radio communication, offer contests and challenges, and increase your radio knowledge considerably.
- Walking club. Besides being great exercise, these clubs will show you little-known places even in your own city. Examples here, here, and here.
- Shooting club. Your local gun club is a great place to shoot, learn tactical skills, and meet with like-minded people. In addition to searching for a local club, this and this organization are also worth joining.
- Hiking and backpacking clubs. You can find these clubs on Meet Up as well as by Googling the topic and your local area. This is a great way to get out in the wilderness with fun, interesting people.
- Maker clubs. When TEOTWAWKI comes around, your maker skills are going to be a top priority. Learn these valuable skills now at a maker space in our community.
- Gardening. Learning how to grow your own food is a vital skill. With both local and national gardening clubs to join, you will be well on your way to food self sufficiency.
- Random, specific knowledge clubs like orienteering, hacking, lockpicking, hunting, etc.
Post a Comment