For a while during covid, the tin-foil hat types were convinced that covid vaccines were a surreptitious way install microchips into each person on the planet in order to track them. Who knows if this is possible/was done but I don't think it is even necessary since nearly every person in the world now has a cell phone which has basically become an appendage. The vast majority of people wouldn't think of being more than a few feet away from their cell phones at all times so what better way to track people than via their phones? Numerous criminals have been tracked down via their phones either by geofencing a crime scene or tracking specific phones to the point that many criminal investigations now begin and end with cell phone-related analysis. Here are some things to consider when using your cell phones for your privacy and safety:
- Canadians were tracked during the pandemic via their cell phones.
- And so were Americans.
- This is how the government gets away with these warrant-less searches.
- With the current Roe vs Wade kerfuffle, your phone could reveal if you've had an abortion.
- Speaking of Roe vs Wade, should this settled case law be overturned, here are some ideas for protecting your digital privacy. And a bit more info here.
- Your phone is also tracking your other health data.
- If you want to delve deeply into DIY phone privacy, check out these YouTube channels here, here, and here.
- Or you could opt to not have a cell phone.
- Even though people who do this will point out the obvious difficulties of doing this.
- Note that whatever you do to increase your cell phone privacy, everything you do online can be tracked and used against you at some future point so plan accordingly.
Post a Comment