I had to shake my head at the idiocy displayed during the capitol riots a few weeks ago. I am especially disappointed in the military members who were there. Were they taught nothing about covert operations? If you plan to commit a felony/treason/sedition/insurgency, consider how these fools were storming the capital one day then sitting in jail the next. To keep your next mission on the downlow and avoid being caught, consider these tips...
- Don't splash your illegal activities all over social media. This is pretty much a no-brainer.
- Don't bring your cell phone with you. And don't buy a burner phone then use it to log into your email, banking app, and social media apps...that kind of defeats the purpose of a burner phone.
- Wear a mask! Whether you are pro-masks or anti-masks, and with the pandemic being beside the point, see how easy it was to identify these maskless people?
- Don't wear easily identifiable clothing. In fact, stop by the Goodwill and pick up clothes to wear then burn them afterwards. Your clothes can be as identifiable as your face.
- Don't commit a crime on video. Whether it's reporters videoing the scene or closed-circuit video surveillance as part of the building's security system, it's kind of dumb to have your crime immortalized on video forever.
- Don't plan your crime on social media. Again, it will be immortalized forever, even if the social media site in questions is of the "super secret squirrel" variety.
- Between facial recognition, being maskless on the news, or telling friends about their nefarious activities, many of the rioters were easily identified and reported by friends and even their own kids.
- Don't bring anything with you that tracks your movements via GPS. This includes you phone, your vehicle, or your court-ordered ankle monitor.
- Basically, don't leave your digital finger prints all over the scene of the crime.