Just when I think the social media/politics situation can't get more farcical...
- Ron Paul (of all people!) got blocked by Facebook from accessing his page
- Twitter has gone full-on facepalm
- Gab seems to be picking up the slack from the Parler shutdown
- This guy has the best response to the current social media situation
- And this guy has become my favorite YouTuber over the past 24 hours
- Apparently web hosting platforms are getting out the ban hammer
- It would be poetic justice if AWS got turned into a public utility instead of a private service since nearly 50% of all US business sites are hosted on this service. Monopolies=bad.
- I think Trump is a lunatic but that is my choice to make. Nearly 50% of the nation doesn't agree with me and that's fine. I don't think he should be silenced though. Apparently big tech doesn't agree with me either.
- Elon Musk summed up the situation nicely.
- ALL of the popular platforms use censorship to bolster their sway over what people consume on the internet including Google, Twitter, Instagram, FaceBook, YouTube, Reddit, etc.
- And did you know that six corporations own 90% of the media outlets in the US?
- This can have some truly Orwellian outcomes.
- Or give you Truman Show flashbacks.
- If you haven't seen the Social Dilemma, check it out.
- The bottom line, social media is controlling you. Prepare accordingly.
Post a Comment