- You would think Google maps would be accurate, but as this guy has proven, they can be purposely spoofed.
- If you think your Uber app is always ready to summon you a ride, think again; your account can be randomly suspended at the whim of Uber.
- It only makes sense that your doctor would have your best interest at heart but, again, those behind the tech that doctors use have been pushing opiods whether people needed them or not.
- Amazon has been shown to be less than careful with the massive amount of data they have on you (examples here, here, and here).
- And Twitter is an utter shit show--just this week it decided to give an active account to other people, and banned Zero Hedge all together.
- YouTube is "policing" political videos...that should end well s/
- Ancestry's DNA database is involved in a tug-of-war with the legal system.
- And even Stephen King jumped into the fray and deleted his Facebook account.
- Reddit has gone from the tech-focused home of information sharing to banning people because they share factual information and opinions.
- And finally, there is the topic of controlling the sharing of information via to paywalls.
So the tldr of this post is that NO ONE has your best interest at heart (hopefully your spouse, family, and friends do but even that is iffy judging by this sub). You must always do your own due diligence with independent research based on a variety of source--not the echo chamber that most social media has become--along with a healthy dose of sound judgement, logical evaluation, and a good bit of skepticism in order to determine what is true and factual and trustworthy versus what some random source wants you to believe.
Post a Comment