- Get your HAM radio license.
- After you have a HAM radio license, pick up a HAM radio and practice using it.
- Get a concealed carry license if you don't already have one.
- Buy a firearm and practice with it. Often.
- Buy ammo, and plenty of it.
- Take a first aid class.
- Stock up on food (a case lot sale is a great opportunity to do this).
- And of course, stock up on bottled water as well.
- Keep plenty of cash on hand (securely) in the event that our online banking system goes down.
- Stockpile things you need and use everyday at home (medications, toilet paper, soap, baby diapers, etc).
- Review your home security and make any needed improvements.
- Consider what you would do if the power grid goes down (and prepare for this possibility now).
- Learn from others about how to survive civil unrest and other SHTF situations (examples here and here...there are lots of websites and YouTube videos on the topic).
- Learn how to cook from scratch.
- Learn about what would happen during a cyber attack and prepare accordingly.
- Be wary of what you believe (disinformation can be a form of cyber attack).
- Buy seeds and start planning this year's garden.
- Be ready to evacuate at a moment's notice.
- Get into excellent physical shape.
- Put together a preparedness library (PDF and hard copy).
Sunday, January 5, 2020
20 Things To Do While We Wait for the Iran Stuff to Shake Out
The US-Iran situation is a shit show (no surprise there), and the Iraq situation is quickly devolving as well. Needless to say, the powder-keg that is the Middle East is hitting a high boil as I type this. So while we wait and see how all of this will shake out, here are 20 things you may want to do...