- May 4: Great Saunter, a nice 32 mile walk around Manhattan.
- June 16-August: Sri Chinmoy, a nice, if repetitive, 3100 mile/52 day road race.
- July 11: Vol State, a nice 315 mile ultra run. Through the deep south. In July.
- July 15-17: Badwater 135, a nice 135 mile run. Through the desert. In July.
- August 9-13: Bigfoot 200, a nice 200 mile run with 42,000+ feet of elevation gain.
- September 22-28: Grand 2 Grand Ultra, a nice self-supported, week-long stage race.
Needless to say, these aren't the kind of events that people jump into on a whim but nearly anyone can start with a "couch to 5k" run and with enough dedication and training find themselves participating in these extreme physical challenges. These are good for your health (?) and good for your prepping skill set.
Post a Comment