- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Take reasonable safety precautions depending on what activities you will be doing (don't start the BBQ with gasoline, if kids will be swimming always have a responsible adult supervising them, and if you will be visiting a national park be cautious when taking selfies!).
- Avoid contentious areas. I'm guessing the marijuana events will be pretty chill, religious sites, on the other hand, can be targets for terrorism and other dangerous activities.
- Be aware of kid safety, pet safety, and food safety during Easter events such as picnics, egg hunts, candy baskets, etc.
- Don't drink and drive (our bail bonds companies do a booming business after holiday weekends). Ditto for marijuana, don't get high and drive.
Saturday, April 20, 2019
A Wild Holiday Weekend
It's a busy (and in the case of my city, wild) holiday weekend. There is Passover which started last night, 4/20 Day for fans of marijuana, Easter tomorrow, spring break for some kids, and National Parks Week started today (entry to all national parks is free today and many parks will hold other events during the upcoming week). As is usually the case, we like to avoid crowds and revelers so we will be celebrating the holidays at home. If you will be out and about, consider these safety tips: