- The CDC has plenty of data on the most common health risks.
- You can Google for your state's climate risks.
- You can also Google for the top hazards for your state.
- By Googling threat assessment for your state you might turn up some interesting information.
- You can find a wildfire threat assessment tool here.
- The US Drought Map can be found here and the climate assessment tool can be found here.
- You can Google for your local crime map.
- And your county and/or city should have a hazard mitigation plan posted online.
- Your state's Department of Emergency Management's website should have lots of threat information.
- As should your county's DEM website.
Saturday, February 2, 2019
Figuring Out Your Risks
The best way to start preparing is to do a threat assessment and figure out what it is that you are actually at most risk for. Here are some places to check to do a general threat assessment: