- The '10 Year Challenge' which has gone viral on Facebook is being used for some nefarious purposes (explanation here and here).
- It isn't enough to have fingerprints or an iris scan for biometric security, now they use hand veins too (of course there is a way to hack this).
- DNA is catching more criminals than ever thanks to the ability to match DNA through genealogy programs.
- All those "free" resources you download from your library? They are being tracked as well.
- Of course there are always new ways that your cell phone and apps can be used to track you.
- Always always assume that anything you type into your browser can and will be hijacked either for legal or illegal reasons.
- And even when you turn off GPS on your phone, it can still track you.
- Smart TVs (and other "smart" devices) are a huge security risk for people.
- And children aren't even safe from being spied on--by their toys.
- Finally, surveillance capitalism is now a thing.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Sunday, January 20, 2019
10 More Ways You Are Being Tracked
I have made several of these posts over the past years on this topic but as technology develops, so do the ways you are being tracked...
Posted by Code Name Insight at 5:50 PM
Labels: avoid being tracked
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment