- The '10 Year Challenge' which has gone viral on Facebook is being used for some nefarious purposes (explanation here and here).
- It isn't enough to have fingerprints or an iris scan for biometric security, now they use hand veins too (of course there is a way to hack this).
- DNA is catching more criminals than ever thanks to the ability to match DNA through genealogy programs.
- All those "free" resources you download from your library? They are being tracked as well.
- Of course there are always new ways that your cell phone and apps can be used to track you.
- Always always assume that anything you type into your browser can and will be hijacked either for legal or illegal reasons.
- And even when you turn off GPS on your phone, it can still track you.
- Smart TVs (and other "smart" devices) are a huge security risk for people.
- And children aren't even safe from being spied on--by their toys.
- Finally, surveillance capitalism is now a thing.
Sunday, January 20, 2019
10 More Ways You Are Being Tracked
I have made several of these posts over the past years on this topic but as technology develops, so do the ways you are being tracked...