- Give blood--it's lifesaving and always needed.
- Give to a community-sponsored toy drive like Toys for Tots or other community giving event.
- Give to a local food bank which usually start to run low on food at this time of year.
- Give your time and volunteer at a food bank, church event, community event, etc.
- Give to those in need who you know--babysit for parents who need time to Christmas shop, drop off gifts to families you know that could use them, bring food to ill or elderly friends or relatives, etc.
- Drop off food and treats to those who don't get the holiday off like police/fire/hospital staff.
- Help strangers--pay off school lunch debt, pay off a stranger's layaway, etc.
- Visit a nursing home, VA hospital, or senior center and help out/hang out/entertain those who may not even have visitors during the holiday.
- Do a work project during the holidays--help out with a Habitat to Humanity home, shovel snow for the neighbors, help out with a community emergency response (there are lots of big storms in the forecast, help may be needed near your community), etc.
- Donate to the homeless (bags with socks, gift cards, easy to eat food, etc are always appreciated). Note that it is usually a good idea to give these donations through a community homeless shelter/organization; approaching random homeless people on the street can be dangerous.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Saturday, December 8, 2018
10 Ways to Give This Holiday Season
Most of the year we are concerned with acquiring--acquiring stuff for the stockpile, stuff to make our homes safer, cool stuff like firearms and drones--but at this time of year it's good to give back to those in need. Here's how:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 7:42 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment