- We have a Fusion Center.
- And ShotSpotter in many parts of the city.
- There are license plate readers.
- And traffic cams.
- The city has pretty much wrote the book on surveillance, mostly due to the casinos.
- Even the local animal shelter uses facial recognition...on animals.
- Did you know that the high denomination casino chips can be tracked by RFID?
- And it's kind of hack or be hacked at many of the tech conferences here (examples here and here).
- Apparently the future will be even scarier.
...kind of makes one want to head for the hills, far away from people and technology (unfortunately even that won't help as people can now be tracked by satellite).