- Attend an event at a Veteran's cemetery.
- Attend a Veterans Day parade.
- Visit a state or national veterans memorial.
- Send a card or care package to those who are serving on the front lines (here, here, or here).
- Volunteer at a veteran's organization (examples here, here, and here).
- Visit veterans at a state VA nursing home.
- Visit a military museum (examples here).
- Support veteran-owned businesses.
- Participate in the Veterans History Project.
- Chat up a veteran when you have the opportunity. From thanking someone for their service to talking about random stuff, vets are some interesting people to talk to. I've had the opportunity to talk to many WWII vets, met another guy who was in the original army special forces (now Green Berets) who had more than 1000 jumps under his belt, and talked to a Vietnam vet who decided that if he lived through the war he would send all of his own kids plus all of his nieces and nephews through college so they would have better options for their future than he had (he actually was able to do this which changed the course of his entire family).
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Monday, November 5, 2018
10 Things You Can Do For Veterans Day
Sunday, November 11th, will be Veterans Day. To celebrate the holiday and show your support of our military vets, consider doing the following:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 6:36 PM
Labels: Veteran's Day
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment