- The government doesn't care about your health. The FDA should be regulating and overseeing the food supply but does a half-assed job of it (examples here, here, and here).
- The government doesn't care about your opinions. You would think the people you elect to represent you would, well, represent your opinions. LOL (examples here and here).
- The government doesn't care about your safety. The government is supposed to work for the general welfare of the people. Tell that to the people of Flint, the people who rely on net neutrality (ie: all of us), and people who go to work and expect some sort of government-enforced workplace safety requirements (ie: all of us again).
- The government doesn't care about your money. Instead of reasonable safeguards so people aren't bankrupted by education, healthcare, and predatory lenders, it's a buyer-beware free for all.
- The government doesn't care about your health, part 2. The government subsidizes the worst food possible (ever see a subsidy for apples or lentils? Yeah I thought not), which leads to a ridiculous number of Americans who are really fat and really sick, and ridiculously poor health outcomes for everyone.
- Did you know that the police aren't required to protect you, that government isn't required to protect you from (known) disasters, and that during a disaster, infrastructure is what will be protected, not you.
- Speaking of infrastructure, ours is in a deplorable state...utilize at your own risk. This includes bridges, dams, natural gas pipes, etc.
- The government doesn't care about your privacy. Amendment 4 of the Bill of Rights is quite specific about your privacy rights. Too bad the government didn't understand this section when they approved FUSION centers, warrantless wiretaps, and lots of new technology that is just waiting to spy on you.
- The government doesn't care if it passes laws that favor everyone but the average American (examples here, here, and here).
- And don't even get me started on lobbyists, "private laws", and corporate tax cuts.
Thursday, October 18, 2018
The Government Doesn't Care About You...10 Examples
...which means you need to take care of yourself in these areas...