- Consider LASIK eye surgery. Many people I know have had this sort of surgery and all rave about the major improvement to their vision and thus the fact that they no longer need glasses.
- Make sure your tetanus shot is up to date (tetanus booster shots are recommended about every ten years).
- Take family planning seriously. Be familiar with the most--and least--effective forms of birth control.
- Take steps now to keep your immune system in tip top shape.
- Exercise (cardio, strength, flexibility) every day. You would be surprised at the number of people who can't do something as simple as wedging themselves under a desk during an earthquake without injuring themselves.
- Consider aligning your circadian rhythms with the seasons. Doing this can help you sleep better, stay awake during the day, and, in the event of a major disaster, you may not have a lot of unnatural light to keep up with your current nocturnal schedule.
- Get rid of your addictions. Smoking, drinking, drugs, caffeine...anything that you are addicted to will become a problem when said substance isn't available after a disaster.
- Learn how to make your own natural products. If you couldn't just walk into a store and buy soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. how would you make these products the old fashioned way?
- Grow a selection of medicinal herbs in your garden and learn how to use them.
- Consider using a 'direct primary care' model of medicine if available in your community. Small town, community doctors who you have a good relationship with may be more accessible after a disaster.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Monday, July 2, 2018
10 Medical Preps You May Not Have Considered
After a SHTF event, you might not be able to access medical care very easily. Here are ten ways you can be proactive about your medical care before a major disaster:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 8:34 PM
Labels: medical preparedness
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment