Include these 20 items in your pet BOB:
- Collar tag with animal's name and your contact info.
- Microchip/license/up-to-date vaccinations for your pet (be sure to back up this info along with your computer files as well as take a photo of this info to keep on your phone in case you need proof but don't have the physical documents to show your pet has been vaccinated/licenses).
- Water dish/bottles of water.
- Pet food (mostly dry as canned foods are pretty heavy to carry; if you do bring canned food, bring a can opener). Also treats.
- Toys (not the annoying squeaky ones if you will be in a public shelter).
- Prescription/OTC Medications.
- Pee pads/garbage bags/poop bags (your pets may need to relieve themselves indoors so a quick place for them to go and an easy way to clean up is necessary).
- A bag to carry all of these items in.
- A muzzle (a good safety precaution for many dogs in chaotic environments like a shelter).
- Towel/wet wipes (in case you need to clean your pet if they have been in flood water/mud/etc).
- A picture of your pet (in case you are separated from your pet, this is one way to help find them).
- Shoes and clothes if needed. Small dogs often get cold so doggie clothes are a good option. Dogs that walk in the desert in summer/snow in winter may need doggie shoes.
- A way to keep track of your pet (GPS tracker, bells so you can hear your cat, etc).
- A pet first aid kit.
- Health items (flea/tick collar, topical flea/tick treatment, etc).
- Any other items you pet needs not listed here.
- An evacuation plan (a pre-planned place to board them, relatives you can leave them with, etc).
Post a Comment