- Hearing protection (for shooting, using loud yard equipment, etc).
- Leather gloves (for yard work, cleaning up after a disaster, etc).
- Safety glasses/goggles (for shooting, yard work, using grinding tools, etc).
- Reflective vest (to use on scene at traffic accidents or other situations where visibility is important).
- Steel-toed boots (for use in construction areas or other places when there is a possibility of dropping something heavy or sharp on your toes).
- Masks/respirator (to prevent the spread of germs, for use when working in environments with a lot of particulate matter in the air).
- Hard hat (for use in industrial/constriction areas where something could drop on your head).
- Latex or Nitrile gloves (for protection when dealing with blood or other bodily fluids).
- Level A, B, C, D PPE sets (for use when working with chemical or biological hazards)
- Specialized PPEs (harness/fall arrest equipment, thermal protective clothing, welding gear, laser safety glasses, wire mesh gloves, etc).
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Have Some PPEs on Hand
Everyone should keep some PPEs (personal protective equipment) on hand. You never know when these items will come in handy. Among the items to have: