- Do you have allergies (include environmental, food, and medication allergies)?
- What prescription and non-prescription medications do you take (include name and dosage, list of vitamins you take, etc)?
- Do you take any illegal drugs (what kind and how often)?
- What is your medical history (include a list of surgeries, medical procedures, hospitalizations, major illnesses, etc)?
- Are your vaccinations up to date (these should be listed, include date and type of each immunization)?
- Do you have health insurance (have the name of the insurance company, plan ID number, and group ID number on hand)?
- What is your weight and height?
- Have you traveled outside of your area in the past year (includes places/countries visited, dates, and any unusual circumstances including exposures to illness, animals, etc)?
- Do you have a Will, Living Will, Medical Power of Attorney, Advanced Medical Directive, etc?
- Who is your next of kin (name, address, and phone number)?
- What religious beliefs do you have that may impact your medical care?
- What are your health metrics (blood pressure, blood glucose level, and cholesterol level)?
- What are your lifestyle factors (do you drink, smoke)?
- Are you pregnant or could you be pregnant? How many times have you been pregnant and outcomes?
- Do you exercise (how many times a week, type of exercise, and duration)?
- How is your diet (in general what do you eat)?
- What illnesses and diseases run in your family (heart attacks? strokes? mental health issues? cancers? etc)?
- Do you have any mental health issues (diagnosed or undiagnosed; include depression, suicidal feelings or attempts, diagnosed mental illnesses, etc)?
- What is your sexual health history?
- Do you use any assistive devices (hearing aids, walker/cane, dentures, prosthetics, etc)?
- Do you have any implants (surgical mesh, stents, hip or other joint replacements, etc)?
- What kind of birth control do you use?
- Are you up to date on common health screenings (PAP test and mammograms for women, colonoscopy, etc)?
- Have you had your vision tested recently/do you wear glasses or contacts?
- Have you had your hearing tested recently?
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
25 Health Questions
When you are in an emergency situation (or even just visiting your doctor) be prepared to answer these common health questions:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 6:41 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment