- Make a "Fancy Fest" camp stove.
- Buy a gallon of bleach at the $1 Store and purify hundreds of gallons of water.
- Hit up the Dollar Store for individually packaged alcohol wipes--they make great fire starters.
- You can also buy paracord at the $1 store--here's 100 survival uses for the stuff.
- You can buy a gallon of water at the store for under $1; it's even cheaper to use those self-serve water filling machines.
- Healthcare items can be had for cheap at the Dollar Store--aspirin, pain reliever, bandaids, toothbrushes, etc.
- Buy loss leader/sale food at your local grocery store and put it aside for an emergency (soups, ramen, etc).
- When you pick up a $1 burger or $1 taco at your local fast food place, grab some extra condiments to add to your stockpile (packets of salt, pepper, sugar, creamer, hot sauce, etc).
- Shop the Goodwill or other thrift store on half-off day and see what you can find for under $1 (I've found wool sweaters, storage containers, sewing stuff, etc).
- Other Dollar Store survival items: tarp, bungie cords, fishing stuff, duct tape, wooden matches, etc.
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
10 Prepper Things for A Dollar
New preppers think they need to off-load a lot of cash in order to become better prepared for a disaster. Here are ten prepper items you can buy/make for only $1!