- Wages are not keeping up with the cost of housing in the US. Or Australia for that matter. This is a simple math equation, the answer to which can spell disaster for a large swath of Americans.
- In fact there are number of issues with housing that could impact all levels of society.
- Pensions are going bankrupt and so is the pension insurance program. Another math equation only this one looks more like a Ponzi scheme which is about to topple.
- Layoffs and "streamlining" businesses is the order of the day (examples here and here).
- You can look forward to more interest rate hikes.
- US jobs are moving overseas even faster than before.
- Meanwhile Americans are carrying more debt (didn't they learn anything from the last recession??).
- Many states are in deep financial crisis (examples here and here).
- Trade issues are also a thing since politics and trade are deeply intertwined.
- And don't forget the potential economic impact of climate change.
Plan now to protect yourself to the best of your ability for these potential financial disasters.
Post a Comment