- First, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. I hope you consumed a goodly amount of turkey and the fixins and have avoided the crazy Black Friday shopping mobs (or not, if that's your thing).
- And a belated Happy Veterans Day. I can't believe I forgot to blog on that important day.
- Here's hoping you #OptOutside tomorrow (Friday). I have a group trail run scheduled for zero dark thirty tomorrow morning which should be fun. This is much more enjoyable (IMHO) than battling the hoards of shoppers fighting over consumer crap.
- On another note, if you haven't heard about the battle for net neutrality, you should know what it is and what you can do to help the cause.
- On another, completely unrelated note, there's a little town in Eastern Washington that I used to drive through fairly often. They are perhaps best known for their annual census update sign (old sign but I couldn't find a more recent picture) and a bit further down the road, they were known for Boggan's Oasis which sadly burned to the ground a few nights ago. If you are feeling generous, it would be nice to see them reach their GoFundMe goal.
- On a more useful note, consider doing these end-of-the-year financial preps before the new year arrives.
- I found this interesting take on air travel over at USA Today.
- And the analytical part of my brain thoroughly enjoys this column over at Refinery 99.
That's all for the update today. Happy holidays and onward!