- If you are over 65 and like the outdoors and haven't purchased your $10 lifetime National Parks Pass, get one soon as the price is going from $10 to $80 sometime this year.
- It is also tax time. For assistance filing your taxes at no charge (income and age qualifiers) click here.
- And as long as we are talking about money, if you haven't pulled your credit report during the past year, you can download it free from the government here.
- Sunday is the Super Bowl. Here are several ways to watch the game for free (as for myself I'll probably be in a sports book cheering on the Patriots).
- After all of the Super Bowl parties, you may want to get your diet/health back on track. Here is one of the better healthy eating plans I've found.
- If you are interested in facts (you know, the scientific kind that look like they are being banned left and right these days) check out these "renegade" Twitter feeds.
- And if you want to throw your hat into the political ring (because a lot of politicians seem like flaming lunatics these days but I digress...) consider running for office. Here are the offices you can run for in your area.
- Last week I posted on the Daily Insight page an article about how billionaires are prepping for a SHTF scenario. Here is a rebuttal of sorts about trying to buy your way out of a disaster (hint: it's more about what skills you have than your bank balance).
- Speaking of prepping, it looks like the Doomsday Clock is spinning faster and faster.
- Finally, if you have a few moments (or several hours) you might pick up some useful survival information from these useful subreddits: survival, preppers, bugout, and survivalist.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
In no particular order...
Posted by Code Name Insight at 6:29 PM
Labels: random musings
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment