- Hit up your local National Park. There is free entry August 25th to 28th.
- Get your kids vaccinated for school. And while you are there, check and see if your vaccinations are up to date as well.
- Check and see if you need to complete any tax abatement/tax appeal applications before the fall cut-off date.
- Finish up any home improvement/home maintenance tasks before fall arrives.
- Stock up on a year's worth of school supplies while they are deeply discounted now.
- Hit up the Goodwill and other thrift shops before going to the mall to buy school clothes (it will save you a ton of money).
- Get all of the registration stuff done before school starts. This includes registering for school, reading the school's parent's and student's handbooks, figuring out where the bus stop is, getting your email address to your kid's teachers (and receiving log in info to access their online records), signing up for sports and after school activities, deciding what the kids will do for lunch and setting up their lunch accounts if needed, etc.
- Have a safety day with your kids. Conduct a fire drill, lock down drill, and discuss school safety drills. Make sure they have safety supplies in their backpack (extra granola bar, parent's phone numbers written down, flashlight, reflective vest to wear when walking home in the dark, etc).
Sunday, August 14, 2016
During the Last Couple Weeks of Summer...