- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800-273-8255)
- Veterans Crisis Line (800-273-8255)
- Trauma Survivors Network
- I'm Alive Hopeline (800-442-4673)
- Suicide Hotlines By State
- Suicide Hotlines By Country
- Psych Central List of Suicide Resources
- Reddit Suicide Watch
- VA Suicide Prevention Resources
- Suicide Prevention Resources for Military Families
- Stop Soldier Suicide (844-889-5610)
Feeling suicidal isn't a weakness or a character flaw. There are a number of causal factors when it comes to feeling suicidal--from genetics to a chemical imbalance in the brain to the way your brain deals with trauma--and if you notice, "just getting over it" isn't a way to "cure" any of these things. You wouldn't tell someone with cancer to "just get over it" and feeling suicidal is just as much a medical problem as any other medical disease that requires intervention.
Before you do anything drastic, give some other alternatives a try. Contact a helpline above, talk out whatever is bothering you with your buddies who would understand what you have been through, work with your doctor to fix the underlying issues that are causing suicidal thoughts (depression, mental or physical illness, etc), consider meds, even medical marijuana might be an option.
Post a Comment